Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Your Thoughts Please...

I love to blog stalk. Not gonna lie. I love to read about lives I know little or nothing about. I came across this blog. This girl recently got married, but has sensitivity for those of us who are still waiting for a God-fearing man to walk into our lives and sweep us off our feet. I found this quote on her blog today in a post:

“Why do we pray for women who want to have children, but can’t or haven’t yet, to have open wombs. But for women who want to be married, we pray that they would be content in their singleness. Why don’t we pray that God would bring them a man of God and start their family?”

It was actually a quote from a friend of hers, but she was relaying the conversation.

What are y'alls thoughts? I'm not sure how I feel about it. I want to agree with it because as most of you know, getting married is a deep desire of my heart. Just like those women who are having difficulty conceiving have a deep desire in their heart to have children and be a mother.

So why do we ask the single women to be content in their singlehood but don't ask the married but childless women to be content in their station as life as well? Isn't that somewhat of a double standard?

However, shouldn't we be praying for peace and contenment wherever we are at, no matter the pain we sometimes feel in any of those situations? They are different kinds of hurts, but hurts all the same. I don't know. Since I've never experienced the inability to conceive or lost a baby to a miscarriage, disease or whatever the case may be, I can't really comment on it. But I can comment on the singlehood. It hurts sometimes. Sometimes, the hurt is more than sometimes - it is a lot of the time. It depends on the day.

Anyways. Let me know what you think. Some of you are married and aren't thinking about children. Some of you are married and have children or will very soon. Some of you are in my exact position. I really do want to hear your thoughts.

God bless!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Hey sweet girl! I am so glad you found my blog, bc now I've found YOURS! I will definitely be praying for you and contentment. We all struggle with it for some of the reasons you mentioned, as well as others. It is one of the ways Satan tries to steal our joy
:(
I also went back to your older posts and am so sorry to hear your mom has beem really sick. My parents and I are now praying for her continued recovery.

love you!
Claire

Anonymous said...

just for the record I had a long reply to this with my thoughts... and somehow it didn't post. I'll have to get it to you over the phone or something Lara