Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oracion

Okay, so I hope that is the right translation of the word "prayer" into Spanish. If not, my sweet friend Mimi will correct me because she is beautifully fluent in that language. Yay!

Anyways, I do not put that word into Spanish for no reason. Sweet friends, I have something I need prayer for.

A few months ago, I noticed that there was a trip to Guatemal in November over Thanksgiving break. My interest was peaked and I thought/prayed about going but kinda pushed it aside for various reasons. Below is an email I sent to the Missions Office Executive Assistant about tonight:

Tonight the Lord just brought me to my knees and I believe asked me to step out in faith and obedience and go on this trip if it is still plausible. I understand it is late in the game. But I just can't escape this pressing feeling on my heart about it (which is generally a good sign that the Lord is speaking to/teaching me something) and all my worldly excuses seem to pale in comparison no matter how much sense it makes.

So, like I said in my email, nothing about this makes sense. I will take a several hundred dollar dock in pay because I will be using days off before a holiday (they don't usually dock for days off - just ones that you take right before or after holidays). I have no funds to pay for this trip.

But God will provide. If He called me to it, He will see me through it. I have to stand on that truth.

But some things are in place that give me hope that things will be okay. I have to talk to my principal tomorrow about this matter because He has to approve the days off. One blessing in my life is that my principal is as far as a I can tell, a believer. I am actually in an early morning Bible study with him on Monday mornings with a few other staff at my school. He can't do much about the dock in pay, but he can approve the days.

So just be in prayer, my friends. Thats the biggest thing I need right now about this. Pray that my principal approves and that the funds somehow come in. I have full faith that He will provide for everything, but it is rather scary to put yourself out there like that. But thats the beautiful thing about faith.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I will be praying for you! Let me know how it goes with the principal today.

Mimi said...

You spelled it correctly. I can't wait for you to go to Guatemala!

It's soooo soon!

Audrey said...

I will be praying for you too! I hope you can go. And that is SO cool that your Principal is a Christian..mine are all muslim, which is interesting. :) Later chica, I'll be calling to see the results of your meeting..later!