Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Bridal Series - Introduction

Haha. I know what you are thinking. Why would the heck would someone who hasn't even had a date in several years (yeah, shocking - I know! Haha...j/k) name a blog series to be about something bridal?

Well let me tell you.

Better idea - don't use my words. Use the Word.


"Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her in to the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her... And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the LORD." ~Hosea 2:14, 19-20 (ESV) ~

In a recent somewhat passing conversation, the Lord affirmed something in my heart I think he has been stirring up for a little while now. It has been tremendously impressed upon me how I need to be living as if I were a bride of Christ. In such an intimate love affair with Him that nothing else matters. I really have been struggling with a lot of distractions and some tough issues lately. I was really convicted how little I fear, revere, submit, honor and obey the Lord and how little I regard my relationship with Him, my Creator and Sustainer.

So, since I am a verbal/written processor and I feel it is something we as believers in Christ should be living like, I thought I would start a series on this ever deepening walk with Him.

Currently, I feel like I'm in a season of renewal in my love for Him for the purpose of deepening it. I am excited to know Him and the things of Him. The Word is coming alive and I am beyond excited about prayer. Never been in this place before. And its hard and sometimes requires sacrifice, but oh the merit it has!

I also have realized that when I am focused on Him alone, all else falls into place and He provides in abundance and beyond what I can imagine.

This doesn't come without refinement and pruning - He is revealing some core sin issues that I have allowed to sneak into my life and that need to go. Painful at the very least. Sweet though. Very sweet.

So, join me as I walk this road. Won't you come along too in your own life?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read this for the first time yesterday, and it broke me down to tears. I reread it today and it still had a huge emotional impact on me.

I am stirred with a passionate, dare I use the word, jealously for the same "season of renewal in my love for Him."

Life can get into a routine and mechanical. Now I am spurred and encouraged to also be "sweetly broken," to reignite a fire that burns so bright that it once again is all consuming of me so that it can reveal nothing but Him.

Lara, you are such an amazing woman and friend. Thank you for sharing your heart and always challenging me.