Monday, March 10, 2008

Excitement!

I am so excited about several things this week and the weeks to come that I feel like I'm going to burst! Since I am home alone this week (the rest of the fam is in New Orleans enjoying free food and fun on my dad's company's tab - they are at a conference) I decided my blog would be the best choice for an outlet for some of my excitement. So here are the exciting things!

Job Interview!
Tomorrow morning, I will have my first interview for a teaching position with Katy ISD. It is just really a screening interview, but it's a start! Plus, Katy is a great school district and is supposed to have a fantastic special ed program (people relocate there just so their kids can participate in their programs), so if I could get a job there, that would be fabulous! I've had positive interactions with the district so far, so hopefully this will be another positive interaction.

Rodeo!
So, I've never really been to the Houston Rodeo before (sad, I know, since I have lived here for 8.5 years and all). I have been to the BBQ cookoff briefly but we didn't really do anything but that - like concert-wise and stuff. Well, that is all changing tomorrow evening! Jenny called me this morning and said she had two free tickets to get this, THE RASCAL FLATTS CONCERT!! Not only am I excited about the rodeo, but I also get to see one of my favorites in concert! And for free!! I about peed my pants I was so excited when she asked me (FYI - I didn't really pee on myself - that would have been funny though). Anyways, I'll post pictures from the event! Be jealous!

Paul's Engagement!
Well, this actually happened last week, but still! My good friend Paul (yes, Tall Paul) proposed to his sweet girlfriend on Friday night! I couldn't be more excited for him. I have known him since our senior year in high school and it has been amazing to watch what God has done in his life in the past few years and I am so excited to see where God is taking him as he steps into this next phase of his life. Truly amazing! I haven't met his fiancee yet, but I am sure she is just precious and I am soooo excited for them two!

Boston!
We are now down to 8 days until I get to see Jeremy and Chelsea in Boston! Two months ago when I bought my plane tickets I thought this day would never come but now it is here and I just cannot wait! And she is already being a wonderful tour guide to me by telling me fun things we can do. So far we've talked about the Freedom Trail (a three mile walk around Boston to see all the historical things there), Fenway Park (how could you go to Boston and not see this, really?), outdoor ice skating, and many other fun things. It is going to be so great not just to see those cool things but to spend time with some of my favorite people in the world! Again, pictures will be posted of this exciting thing!


Okay, so that's what I've got for now! Hope exciting things are happening to you! God bless!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

i was about to tell you that you needed a new post to your journal!! since i've been sitting around so much lately, i have been reading a lot of blogs. :)

anyways, good luck on the interview-i'll be praying for you. i'm sure you'll get something in KISD. they are a great district. :)

also, paul is really sweet- he sent me a really nice message on facebook about Job from the Bible during all my hard times. :) i am excited he is engaged! what a nice guy, and i'm sure his fiancee is sweet. :)

also, BOSTON- i'm so happy/excited for you..you will love it..i just hope you don't decide to go moving there or anything. ;)

later chica~if i'm in sugarland i'll be calling you!