Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Cooking ahead of time

Attention all kitchen-masters/kitchen master wannabes!

So, in an attempt to make my life easier during the school year, I am looking for recipes that freeze well in single serving sizes. I would like to cook a lot this summer and then fill my freezer with homemade frozen dinners. I despise Lean Cuisines but enjoy the ease they bring to life, so why not do that for myself? I so far just have baked macaroni and cheese with veggies mixed in and thats good. Any ideas that are budget-friendly, healthy lifestyle-friendly and tasty? My macaroni and cheese is made with whole wheat noodles, low fat ingredients and frozen vegetables mixed in. Its a little bland, but I add a little salt of other flavoring and it isn't too bad. I will probably do some sort of soup (I have a really great recipe for chicken tortilla soup) soon as well. What are your ideas? I'm really trying to not eat out, but sandwiches are hard for me to do every night. And I love love love cooking, so I want to get that out now while I have the time to invest in it.

Anyways, let me know your ideas. Love you!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I have a good lasagna recipe! I'll share when I get home

jeremyandchelsea said...

chili freezes well!
and chicken spaghetti
and stroganoff (but not low in fat)