Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Tilling the Soil

So lately, I have been thinking about my difficulties in adjusting to the "real world".

A couple of weeks ago, I visited a church (it was okay, maybe I'll try it again), but the message has really stuck with me. The pastor talked about tilling the soil where God has planted us. Now, I'm not always entirely happy about living in Houston, but I think I might feel this way anywhere. I feel lonely, empty, sometimes bored and sometimes frustrated and/or depressed. I think it is because I am not pouring myself into anything or doing any soil tilling. While I was at Baylor, I was deeply involved in a couple of things, especially KXA.

My question is, what do I get involved in now? How much time do I spend? I am overwhelmed by the possibilities and just haven't quite gotten the hang of managing my time in the "real world". What is too much? I know what I'm doing right now is too little.

Ideas I have come up with include being a Special Olympics coach, finding a church and getting involved in women's ministry, some type of ministry for children with special needs, getting Ella certified for pet therapy and a few random other ideas.

Any suggestions? Thoughts? I'm tired of living only within myself and doing nothing beyond, but its like I have this fear of trying anything beyond because I don't want to get in over my head. Sometimes the thought processes that go through my head make no sense whatsoever. I need help...

Hope y'all are doing well! God bless!

No comments: