Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Spin class is hard...sometimes life is too

So my journey to riding my biggest bicycle ride thus far (the MS150 in April) has begun this week.

It has not been easy. My Sunday ride was FREEZING! I rode decently but came back and laid under a blanket and shook for 30-45 minutes after the ride. My dad doesn't get cold often either and even he was chilled to the bone. I told him I wasn't riding in the cold anymore until we went to the bicycle shop and found some more appropriate winter riding attire.

I went to spin class tonight. The first 20 minutes were dreadful! My lungs started hurting and I felt rather nauseated. Not a good way to start! The last 40 minutes were challenging but I didn't feel quite so miserable as I had started out.

I am putting everything I am doing for training in my planner so I can see my progress. Hopefully, when there is more than 2 entries, it will encourage me to press on and feel confident that I am capable of this seemingly monstrous challenge.

In other news, do you ever have those days/weeks where you feel like everything you say is wrong? In the past 2 days, in conversations with close friends, it seemed like everything I said, the person I was with found something wrong with it. I don't know if it is me with a wrong heart attitude or if its my friends and for some reason it all just piled up, but its frustrating and discouraging nonetheless. I've really been praying through and checking my heart because I just feel awful. Or maybe its all things I am making up in my mind that seem like a big deal but are not. I don't know.

One thing you can pray for is my attitude at work. I don't know what the deal is. I almost cried today because I didn't want to be there. Weird. I mean, the first days back are hard, but I've never felt like this before. I was glad to see my kids and receive hugs from them, but otherwise I just hated today and my job and what I do.

Anyways, I like being back at blogging. Sharing life with others, both theirs and mine, is a passion of my heart, so I like this and I like you! Much love!

1 comment:

Chels said...

ok dear, calling you on your new years resolution to blog! and remember, short ones still count!