Friday, October 12, 2007

I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee...

Hehe. Well, last week, Target was having a fantastic sale ($8!) on their Halloween costumes....for dogs. Hehe. And you know I couldn't resist. After much discussion with my dad, we decided Ella should be a pumpkin for Halloween. Well, unfortunately, they were out of pumpkin costumes in her size (its tough being a big girl!) so we went with the next best thing - a bumblebee! Unfortunately, Ella's enthusiasm for her sweet new costume is significantly less than mine. I tried it on her (much to her chagrin and struggling to get away) and got two pictures (she is also scared of the camera, so the costume and the camera weren't such a great combination anyways). So here is my sweet girl in her costume:












Clearly, she is trying to escape me as I take her picture. But ya' know, my mom heard on like The Today Show or something like that that they are having a contest and you should send pictures of your dog in their costume in and the winner of the contest gets a trip to New York. I really want to go to New York (of all the places I have been, NY is not one of them!) so yeah. I'm using my dog to make my dream come true. Haha...


Anyways. Last weekend, my parents and I drove up to Waco for the day to see my brother (don't be hurt that I didn't call people - I wasn't there that long!) and do an early bday celebration (he's turning the big 2-1 on Monday...yikes!). As it happened, my sweet sweet friends, Jeremy and Chelsea who recently moved to Boston were in town to visit their church and luckily had about an hour to spare to see me! Oh how I miss them! Anyways, Ella got to meet them and pretty much loved them. Here is a picture of all of us:



So yeah. Just wanted to give you an update on the life of Ella. I love that dog!

God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so I had a crazy idea that you should come up here, and see me, and then the amtrak ticket to new york city is like $66, and then we could go there a couple days and come back!