Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ella's First Halloween (well with me anyways...)

Well, tonight was pretty fun! Ella didn't quite make it through the night in her bumblebee costume (moped around and then faked an injury so we would take it off of her...drama queen!) but I did get a precious picture of her in her costume though before all that:




She really enjoyed meeting all the trick or treaters. She gave them kisses and let them love and pet on her all they wanted. She also tried to steal some candy but that was rather unsuccessful. So she settled on eating a stick from the front yard. Here is her and I sitting outside waiting for the trick or treaters:



So yeah. We only sat out there for like 45 minutes. No one really trick or treats that much anymore but we did give away most of the candy. There was one huge spurt of people but it was over almost as quickly as they came. Here's the pumpkin I carved (a favorite activity of mine!) with some assistance from my dad:


I think the picture in the dark is much better b/c you can't see the sharpie lines from where I messed up. Oh well. I'm glad it made it through the night though b/c one part was just hanging by a string and wanted to fall off.

Anyone else do anything fun for Halloween?

Interesting story of the day from my internship: A mom breastfed her child. Her 26 month old child. In front of me and two of my co-workers. Not once. Not twice. Not three times. 4 times (in 2 hours)! Boob hanging out and everything. And the child was telling mom which boob she wanted to drink from. AWKWARD!!!

Well, must get some rest. Substituting for a PPCD class tomorrow. So excited!

God bless!





No comments: