Wednesday, April 23, 2008

10 Things

So, lately a lot of people have been making lists of things that people may not know about them. So I'm going to jump on that bandwagon and do the same. So here goes...
  1. I hate tomatoes, fish and bell peppers. Those are probably the three things in this world that I refuse to eat (I have tried them though...). There are other foods I don't particularly care for but will eat if I don't have a choice. Those three though, I refuse! Like if they bring me a sandwich with tomato on it and I asked for no tomato, I will return it and ask for a new one because simply removing the offending tomato leaves tomato juice on the sandwich and I can still taste it. Normally I'm not that ridiculous of a customer... Funny thing though, I think all three of these foods are beautiful and look tasty and wish I liked them. Weird, I know.
  2. I can read for hours on end. Literally, hours. And I've done this since I was really little.
  3. I will jump at any chance to travel. Like even if it is just a weekend trip to San Antonio. I just love going out and doing and seeing things. Something about traveling just makes me feel excited and alive.
  4. Along with the travel, I absolutely love to fly! Just going to the airport excites me. Some people are airplane phobics, but not me!
  5. The two things I am most passionate about in life are children with special needs and ministry to women and girls. There is just something that tugs at my heart about both of those things.
  6. There are three things in life that I feel like I can never have enough of and will always find a way to justify the purchase of a new one: bags (purses, travel bags, totes, etc.), blankets/quilts and jackets. I've gotten a lot better but whenever I walk by these things, I get excited and have to talk myself out of it.
  7. I love to start crafty projects but have difficulty finishing them. If only you knew how many half completed craft projects I have sitting around.
  8. I love to sing at the top of my lungs but pity the person who is around when I do so. I wish I could belt things out and people would enjoy it, but that is not my gift in life, so far now, my life as a diva will be limited to my car and my shower.
  9. I am a list maker. Post it notes are my best friend. If I have several things to be done or several things I need to purchase, a list will be made. When I was in college, everday I would make a list in my first class of the day of what needed to be done that day. Lists calm me down and help me to prioritize. If I don't make them, I get very overwhelmed.
  10. Wherever I go, I must have a sweater/sweatshirt/jacket with me. I get cold often and am miserable when I am cold. So even if it is the middle of summer in Houston and 100 degrees, I will carry one of those things with me in case I am somewhere cold.

No comments: