Thursday, April 17, 2008

Konichiwa!


So big news! In an unexecpected turn of events, I will be going to Japan for 5 days in May! How very exciting is that!??! My dad is going there on a business trip and I am accompanying him there. Every time he goes on a business trip, we jokingly talk about how I should come with him because he knows I love to fly and to travel and always jump at the chance to do so. Well this time, instead of remaining a joke, it became serious and now I am going. I will digitizing (is that even a word??) all of the photos from our whole life (like we are talking before I was born up until the time my dad discovered a digital camera) and organizing them all into albums and such, so Japan is my payment for doing this. They were going to pay me for doing the photos but I suggested that Japan be my payment instead (maybe not the wisest financial decision, but I figure travel now while I can and worry about earning money later). So yay! That is my super exciting news for the day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


In other news, I have a great book for all you dog lovers out there (and even those who aren't so fond of man's best friend). The name of the book is Marley and Me. It is by John Grogan. So I've never cried at reading a book before. I bawled in this book. It was soooo good and really captures the spirit of why we love our furry friends so very much. Just read it. Trust me, you won't regret it.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

That's so exciting you get to go to Japan! Can't wait to see all the pictures.
My parents gave me the job of organizing all of our photos one summer too. I don't think I ever finished.

Kimberly said...

yay for japan!! i'm super jealous! :) and yay because i finally updated my blog...

Audrey said...

I'm so excited for you that you get to go to JAPAN! How exciting! You have to take a million pictures for me..I have always wanted to go there. :) Maybe I can give you money to buy me some Japanese art- like prints? They have amazing art! Later chica!