Sunday, December 23, 2007

Shag Dancing?!?!

So last night, we were visiting my dad's cousins who live in The Woodlands. You must understand that my dad's side of the family is fairly large (my late grandfather was the youngest of 10) and has some rather interesting members. These cousins (a brother and sister) mentioned that their younger brother (another cousin) who is from Carolina was in to Shag Dancing now. We all kinda looked at each other with puzzled looks wondering just what that was. When I hear the word "shag", some cool dance that older relatives are all impressed by is not what comes to mind! So, I went on Google to search for some video clips of this and found exactly what this was. It actually is kinda really cool! Here is just one video of the many I found. Apparently this style of dancing is mainly done in the Carolinas and much is done at Myrtle Beach. Let me know if the video works are not. If it doesn't, I found a lot more I can link you to. Check it out! It is pretty neat.

Hope y'all are doing well and surviving the craziness of the season! God bless!

No comments: