Friday, May 09, 2008

And I'm Off!


In just a few short hours, my dad and I will be loading our suitcases into the Mustang, driving to the airport and jetting to Japan! I AM SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!!


My plan was to be in bed a lot earlier tonight but that didn't happen. Not because of my procrastination. Oh no. I actually finished packing (and did an excellent job if I do say so myself...I don't think I overpacked too badly this time!) early this afternoon.


Well, you see, this morning I woke up feeling a little congested and didn't think much of it because I have been in and out of feeling congested the past few weeks. So I went about my merry way visiting my school for next year (I'll tell you more about that in another very exciting post), eating lunch with sweet Ashley (my friend from Baylor, roomate in Denton and precious friend who I am very excited to have moving back to Houston!), packing and what not. Well since we will be out of the country on Mother's Day (don't mention that to my mom...she WILL cry), we celebrated tonight by taking her to this super yummy Indian restaurant called Mayuri. I knew I wasn't feeling a hundred percent, but figured I could knock it pretty quickly. Oh no. That was not the case. As dinner progressed, I started to ache all over, be dizzy and just feel plain yuck. So I said maybe we should go to Urgent Care (mind you, my mom had been asking all day if we should go to the doctor...should have listened). Unfortunately, since I waited too long, all the urgent cares were closed (they close at 9). So I got to make a really fun trip to the ER. Woohoo. I would get sick before a big trip (and sadly, this is not even just the first or second time it has happened). So after an hour there and them deciding that it was hay fever (bad allergies) and some discussion with the cute, single doctor, we again were on our merry way....to the 24 Hour Walgreens...where we waited about another hour. Also, while at the ER, they gave me this fabulous shot of steroids that actually has worked a miracle in about the last 2 hours...I feel MUCH better. PTL!


Anyways, at Ashley's suggestion, I am going to try to post every day about what I am doing in Japan. Get excited (and pray for my hay fever!). Love you!

No comments: