Saturday, May 31, 2008

Breaking the Ice

A few nights ago at Bible study, we had an ice breaker question sort of thing. We have one every time, but I really liked this one. I like ice breaker questions in general, but this was one I thought would translate well to a blog post. Here's the question(s):

What has changed about you in the past year?
What has not changed about you in the past year?
What would you like to see change in you in the next year?

I had some answers that night but had to keep it pretty short since everyone in the room had to answer. But lucky you gets to read more of my thoughts on here. Yay.

What has changed about you in the past year?
- I live in Houston now. I lived in Denton a year ago.
- I was still in grad school a year ago and now I am finished.
- I did not want to be a special ed teacher last year, and now I can't wait to start!
- I had glasses I hated and hardly wore and now I have glasses I like and wear regularly.
- I went to The Village Church and loved it but was not involved. Now I go to HFBC and love it and am getting very involved.
- I lived with Lauren and Ashley last year. Now I live with my parents.
- I did not spend regular time in the Word and now I am doing pretty well at that.

What has not changed about you in the past year?
- I still have the same natural, untreated hair that I have always had.
- I still love kids with special needs.
- I still have a passion for missions and for women's ministry.
- I still have my sweet girl Ella!
- I weigh about the same.
- I still love wearing skirts this time of year - not only is it much cooler, but I feel pretty and feminine.
- I am still single - however, I am much more okay with it now than I was a year ago.
- I still love to travel.

What would you like to see change in you in the next year?
- An ever increasing passion for and intimacy with the Lord.
- An opportunity to go on an overseas missions trip - China maybe?
- Lose about 20 pounds (I signed up for personal training today! More on my decision to do that in another post)
- Investing time in one or two things at church/in the community.
- Develop even deeper and Godly relationships with those around.
- This may be to hopeful, but go on a date!?!? Hehe...we shall see.
- More balance in my life.
- Finishing a century bike ride (100 miles - right now my tops is about 60, I think).


Anyways, there is much more I could put on here, but I will leave you with a very applicable verse. God bless!

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. ~Hebrews 13:8~

Isn't it great that while we are changing, our sweet Jesus does not?

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Hey! I wanna do this next..sounds like fun! :) I don't usually do these things, but I like this one. Anyways, a LOT more will change in your first year of teaching..I guarantee it. This past year of teaching was one of the most emotional, exciting, wonderful years so far! You are in for a ride. Anyways, I'm calling you and we're hanging out sometime next week! Later!