Sunday, May 11, 2008

Arrived!

Well, here I am writing to you from Japan. It is almost 8:00 a.m. here, but for my friends in Texas, it is still yesterday there and not quite 6:00 p.m. Kinda crazy how that works out. In fact, when we leave her on Thursday, we will arrive in Detroit on the same day technically before we even left (does that make sense??) Anyways, we haven't done much yet. Yesterday we took a taxi from the airport in Osaka to our hotel here in Kyoto (so cool!) We got settled in our room and decided to eat something. We went to the hotel's cafe and I got to eat some Udon noodles...yum! (pictured left...but that is a picture from the internet, not actually my picture) The only thing was that they took all my silverware from me before my meal came and I was forced to eat with the chopsticks - something I try often but still don't quite have the hang of, especially with noodles! But I did okay and enjoyed my meal.

Last night, I actually slept okay despite reversing my sleep schedule. I slept for about 2 hours, woke up, went back to sleep for 2 hours, woke up and continued this until about 5:30 this morning, which isn't too bad considering the crazy schedule change. My dad's conference stuff doesn't start until about 12:30 so I think we are going to explore a bit this morning. While my dad is conferencing this afternoon, I will be going on a tour of this Movieland thing where they have historical like buildings used for movies and TV shows and then to a park that has lots of cherry blossoms. Then tonight is the Conference Welcome Dinner, which I will be attending with my dad. Should be fun! I'll let y'all know how it all goes and maybe even post some pictures.


God bless!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

i hope you have the most amazing trip ever!! :) take a million bajillion pictures!! love ya girlie~ aud