Thursday, June 21, 2007

Exciting!

So, I had kinda given up on moving to Colorado honestly. Hadn't really heard anything back from anyone I had sent my resume to and maybe figured that was God's way of closing the door on that.

But....

This morning a lady called me and basically said that she was very interested in having me as an intern and we talked for like half an hour about the opportunity. She is sending me a packet from their HR department that they have all their interns fill out and I am sending her my references. It sounds promising.

But...

I think I have a big decision coming and the way things are looking it will either be Houston or Colorado Springs. There are pros and cons to each that make it hard to make a decision (which is a weakness of mine in the first place)

Colorado Springs
pros - amazing place to live, good internship opportunity, adventurous, somewhere I could see myself setting down roots, a lot of people my age, outdoorsy

cons - pay is most likely less than Houston if I get a job there, no job guaranteed after my internship, less financial support during my internship from parents, don't know many people up there

Houston

pros - higher pay if I get a job, more guarantee of a job (maybe), friends and family close by, more financial support from parents during internship (I could live with them), familiarity with area

cons - I don't like Houston, not as adventurous, I don't want to get stuck there

What do y'all think? I mean everything is still in the preliminary stages, so things could change before I actually have to make a decision, but these are my inital thoughts based on the direction things are going at this point.

Anyways, despite the debate, I am really excited that things are getting moving for my internship. Be praying that God will show me where I need to be and that I will follow Him, no matter what.

God bless!

No comments: