Thursday, June 14, 2007

Steeeeerrrrriiiikkkeee!

I went bowling tonight with Ashley and another friend. I love bowling (despite the fact that I stink at it). Hence, the title of this post. No other reason. I did get two strikes though, so I'm very proud of myself. :0)

Anyways, on goes the saga of me trying to figure out where I need to be come this fall. The guy in CA from Young Life called me today and talked to me a little about the position, life in the OC (I didn't realize they actually called it that), cost of living (don't get me started) and about Young Life and Capernaum's vision in general. Tomorrow, he will be calling me back to kinda hear my story, where I'm coming from and what I'm thinking. I told my dad about it and he immediately went to financial concerns, which are founded, but unsupportive kind of. I mean I know he just wants the best for me and doesn't want to see me struggle financially, especially with a bachelor's degree from Baylor and a graduate degree. Even the guy I was talking to told me upfront that this job was like a "glorified peace corps". But, even though finances are important, I wish that wasn't everyone's first comment. I don't know. I also emailed some people in Houston about an ECI internship and actually got a response back from one of them requesting more information and telling me that she might be interested. Thats the first response I've gotten for ECI internships. And even though I was originally not thinking Houston, I felt a strange peace and excitement come over me getting her email. I don't know. I'm so confused. But God will make His will known. Thats today's update on that situation.

Otherwise, life today was homework, homework, job searching, more homework. My life is thrilling really. I know everyone wants to be me. Hehe...

God bless!

No comments: