Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sleep is good...

For whatever reason, I slept a ton this weekend. No reason. Just did. Its unusual for me too because I'm not much of a sleeper. But I slept a lot this weekend for no apparent reason. I'm not working, so I'm sleeping enough during the week. Very unusual. But I guess my body needed it. It sure did feel good. Lazy. But good.

Otherwise, this weekend was a pretty good one. Yesterday, Ashley and I went to Transform @ the Village's new campus in Denton. Although their original plans got rained out, it was still a sweet time of prayer and worship. I also sat next to a group of girls my age who all are in the same home group and they invited me to come. So even though I'm probably only here for 2 more months, at least I'll have fellowship with what seems like a really fun and down to earth group of girls. Praise Him. After that, Ashley and I both came home and took really long naps. We then did some stuff around the house, met the great Meghan Merchant (she's a rockstar, really) @ Red Robin for dinner. Very yummy. I've only been there once before, but I loved it. We went to church after that. It was a good service. The worship was amazing as usual and the message, powerful. After that, we came home and Ashley baked some brownies and I made my icing for my cake decorating class that was today. We were going to do one of my exercise videos/DVDs but my hips and back were really achey for some odd reason.

Today, I slept in way late (well, for me at least). I got ready and then went to cake decorating class. That was pretty fun. Royal icing is hard to work with sometimes, but it sure does make pretty flowers. Since it was rainy and humid today, everyone's icing was acting funny, but overall, it was fun. Our final class is next week and we are making are finale cake. Unfortunately, our instructor wants us to make the one in the book and I think it is a super ugly cake, but oh well. It will taste good and will have some pretty flowers on it. Hopefully, I can make pretty cakes later on b/c I practiced on this one. This one is just to flowery and not well designed at all. After cake class, I came home and Ella was bouncing off the walls. Since it had finally stopped raining, her and I went for a walk so I could get some much needed exercise and she could burn some energy. After that, I worked on some homework, made a real dinner (not just heated up a frozen one or ate a sandwich for once!) and now I'm back to homework/blogging. I'm a very exciting person as you can tell by my eventful and exciting weekend. Haha. I need a life.

Speaking of life. Still waiting to hear back from the places I've contacted and waiting for God to reveal to me where exactly He wants me. I honestly have no clue. Honestly, Houston seems like the easiest at this point, but am I selling myself short like I've felt I've done in the past for something easy? Or does God really want me there, despite me thinking of it as lack of adventure? I dunno. I really am just focusing on seeking His face first of all and then having faith that He will make the rest just be clear to me and fall into place. The unknown is scary but what a sweet time it is proving to be. I feel like I'm wandering around in the desert, but God is meeting me there and speaking sweet words of love and wisdom to me (see Habbakuk). I hate it but I love it at the same time.

God bless!

No comments: