Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sweet times in daily life

So I decided that I want to update this on a more regular basis. I used to just wait until I was ready to make a huge post about something significant, but I feel like daily life right now is significant. I like when other people write on a pretty regular basis, so I think I will do the same.

Life lately has consisted of school work and thats pretty much it. I babysit for a family every Tuesday night and really am enjoying that. They have a 3 year old and an 18 month old, both boys who are the cutest, sweetest best behaved kids ever. They love to cuddle and are very laid back so fun times are had by all when I am over there.

Today, I applied for an internship with Young Life's division for youth with disabilities, called Capernaum. Its in Seattle, a place I had originally ruled out as a place to move, but I felt really compelled to apply, even if nothing comes of it. But God is challenging me to do things that scare me, so I did it somewhat out of obedience. Although this internship is different than what I have been planning, it is something I think I would love and be passionate about and would also probably count for my internship to finish my Masters. I'm still looking at different places in Colorado (which I loved!), but am trying not to limit the places God can take me. Him and I have been battling it out the past few days. My fear and anxiety and desire for what is "comfortable" has been very controlling lately and I think God is really trying to push me out of that so I can see what He can do. I feel something big on the horizon. It may not be a big thing to anyone else, but it might be to me. I was reading in Matthew 14 yesterday where Peter walks on the water and then falls because he becomes afraid of the wind and doubts God's power over it and decided that that story was a very accurate description of what I am walking through right now. Here's the excerpt I was reading (its Matthew 14:25-31):

During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.
But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."

"Come," he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

How amazing is our God? Even though I basically sit at home all day working endless hours on school work (or finding ways to avoid it), He has been speaking to me in profound and deep ways that I haven't experienced in a long time. How sweet it is.

Anyways, because all I do is school work basically, there isn't really much else to say. So the end for today.

God bless!

No comments: