Saturday, June 23, 2007

Leftovers...

Some people love to eat leftovers. A lot of people don't. Or they are their last choice when selecting what to eat for dinner. There are some things that I prefer to eat as leftovers like pizza, my mom's spaghetti, chinese food and a few other things. But in general, I don't like leftovers very much and don't know a ton of people who do.

Thats how I'm feeling right now. Like leftovers. Sitting lonely on the shelf, looked over or ignored by everyone or criticized for some quality of mine.

Here's an example. I'm playing on this coed softball team with some people I worked with over the past year. I missed the first game b/c I was out of town, the second one was rained out and then we played last night. Now I'm not a superstar softball player or anything but I'm not horrible. I can throw, field and hit pretty decently. Even though I had told the coaches my experience with softball and what I was comfortable doing or not doing, I was completely ignored. Pretty much it was like I wasn't even there. I was put last on the batting lineup after the guy who didn't want to play and basically all he did was get up off the bleachers to hit when it was his turn. I was an afterthought or they forgot about me and just tacked me on the end or something. They also didn't put me in any position. Finally, my one good buddy on the team, Melissa, offered to switch out with me every other inning. But they automatically placed us in right field. It didn't bother Melissa because she has never played before and is just playing to have something to do. And thats great. But it bothers me b/c I feel like they didn't ask me what I wanted to play (they asked everyone else), assumed that because I'm only 5'1 and pretty girly that I can't play and stuck me in RF as an afterthought. I didn't touch a single ball all night. We didn't even warm up. Now, someone said maybe its because you weren't there for the first game. I wasn't the only one there last night that hadn't been at the first game. And they got to play their preferred position. It was just awful. I know its a silly thing to get upset about, but I feel like I felt last night a lot. Part of it is in my mind, I realize this. And I need to get over it. But I feel like some of it is valid.

Anyways, just had to vent a little bit. I think I'm in a funk anyways and last night and some things that have happened today haven't helped me feel better.

Anyways, I must go make icing and ice my cakes for tomorrow's cake decorating class. Yay for more messes. Haha...

God bless!

No comments: