Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A little honesty never hurt anyone...

So I decided it was time for a few more points of honesty to be shared with my avid fans (haha...).
  • Biblical femininity is among the topics I am most passionate about in life and I can discuss and debate about it for hours. This passion was lit in my during my summer at Sky Ranch and the fire really hasn't left. I would love to write an article, book, speak at a lecture or something of the like on the topic someday because I feel like its an often ignored topic, although it is gaining much ground recently. Along these lines, I am normally not one to jump on Christian fad bandwagons, but Captivating is a book I think every single woman should read as well as every man who wants to know about a woman's heart.
  • Loyalty is a characteristic that is very important to me and something I seek in family and friends. One of the most painful things to me is to feel left out or forgotten about. I rarely get angry, but I think all the times I have been angry is because I perceived that someone was being disloyal. I'm not co-dependent or clingy or anything like that - I promise. But I put a high priority on loyalty.
  • I am a sensitive person - more so than most people realize. My feelings get hurt easily, whether I want them to or not. I've tried bucking up and gaining a stronger front, but I haven't gotten very far (although I am better than I used to be). I'm pretty ridiculous sometimes. There are things that bother me that are minor or insignificant to other people but are a big deal to me. But the truth is, I do have a very tender heart and it is not hard at all to crack me. I usually won't say anything (although I might vent to someone I trust) and work through it on my own (for two reasons 1) I know sometimes the things that get to me are no big deal at all and its an issue I need to resolve within myself and 2) I am deathly afraid of confrontation for the most part - another thing I need to work on).

So the last two are really hard for me to admit. I feel like its me admitting that I am a weak person and do not like appearing that way to others. But a huge part of being honest is allowing others to know my vulnerable points. Again, like the first post, I am so tempted to wipe out the second two bullets, but will refrain from doing so. I say I want adventure and excitement, but I think that has to start with small challenges/steps for myself in order to reach the "grand adventure".

No funny stories for today. Just homework. Its boring. I love you. God bless!

No comments: