Thursday, July 05, 2007

One of my short(er) posts...

So, usually my posts are rather lengthy, but this one will be short and (kinda) sweet.

I got a new Yankee Candle yesterday from Bed Bath and Beyond with my store credit. It is delightful! It is a newer fragrance called Tahitian Tiare Flower. I have been burning it ever since I got home. Good thing I got the larger jar!


In less sweet news, I took Ella for her first vet visit (since I've had her). I wasn't particularly worried because I have had no health problems with her. She needed to have a heartworm test to get more Heartgard medicine so she doesn't get heartworms. Well, the test they do to determine this said she was negative for heartworms. Great news! However, it did come up positive for Lyme Disease! Yikes! I guess before I had her, she had some run-ins with some ticks who shared their lovely disease with my sweet baby. :0( The vet seems to think she will be fine though, as long as we stay on top of it and watch out for symptoms. So far, she hasn't had any symptoms, so the vet said that was a wonderful sign. She will be on antibiotics for a while to help clear it up. She expects Ella to live a good, long life despite the Lyme disease. She said people are generally the ones that die of Lyme disease, not dogs. Also, the good thing is that this will not be spread to Gibson because it is only transmitted through ticks, so no worries of spreading it to her buddy. I hope she really is okay, because after the disaster with Maya last September and Zeke dying last month of cancer, I don't think I could handle another sweet puppy dying on me! The vet really assured me that Ella would be fine, especially since it hasn't bothered her at all. Right now, Ella is at the vet for a comprehensive checkup (part of the insurance/wellness plan I am putting her on to help defray the costs of some of the later vet bills). She is not happy with me. On Tuesday, I took her to the groomer's and left her for her grooming and today I took her and left her at the vet (although I didn't realize I needed to leave her today - honest mistake - but try explaining that to those sweet puppy eyes!). But I am treating her to a dish of ice cream after I pick her up, so hopefully she will forgive me. She was very upset when I left and trying to hide under the bench I was sitting on and giving me lots of kisses. I know its neccessary to do this, but it breaks my heart to see her so scared! Imagine if I'm like this with my dog what I will be like with my kids! Oi....

No comments: