Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Excited for the New Year! - Post #2

So I don't think I've been out doing something fun for New Years since I was like a freshman in high school (you think I'm kidding....oh how I wish I was!). My family has always had like family friends over or last year I went with my brother to his friend's house and hung out with her and her family. Nothing too exciting. But this year that changed!! I got to dress up and everything! Luckily, I had several dresses from KXA semiformals in the past to choose from (and luckily, almost all of them fit!). Ashley had also lent me a really pretty dress but I opted for a slightly less formal one (thanks though Ash! I really loved the dress!)

The singles ministry at the church I'm attending (HFBC) put on a party/dance/game night thing and it was so fun! Some people from my class went to eat at this sweet little italian place by Memorial City Mall before the party and then we headed on over to the party. I mainly just socialized and danced all night long! Too much fun! Jenny went with me too so that was really great :0) I love the people in my class and ringing in the New Year with these precious people was such a treat! Below are the 3 pictures I took of this fun night.


Jenny, Me and Jonathan



Some really fun girls (Jenny, Me, Staci and Kate)!

My sweet precious friend Jenny and I looking hot in our great New Years hats!



As far as resolutions go, I don't really make official ones but I do have some ideas of things I would like to accomplish in the coming year. Here are a few of them:
  • Increased faith, more pressing into Him and more discipline in my spiritual life.
  • Like everyone else in the world, eat better, exercise more and hopefully, lose weight. I know I don't look horrible or anything but I don't feel good about myself. I just want to feel comfortable about myself and how I look (although, I really am coming to realize its not the most important thing in the world).
  • Get a job (finishing teacher certification), move into my own place and really establish myself as a somewhat more self-sufficient young single adult.
  • Learn how to budget my finances better (I've been somewhat learning....but I haven't done that well....)
  • Try more new recipes! I just love to cook :0)

So thats just a few ideas I had. What are yours!??!

I hope y'all have very blessed coming year! Yay!

Funny story - We found out that Ella is terrified of fireworks! We were all out last night and when my parents returned, they couldn't find her anywhere! Finally after much searching (and panicking!) they found her..... in my bathtub! Haha...who would have guessed?!!?

No comments: