Monday, January 28, 2008

Metacognition

"...take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
~2 Corinthians 10:5b~

I've been thinking a lot about my thoughts lately, or in other words, spending a lot of time doing some metacognition. I feel like my thoughts have been running away with me. I need to be focusing on things that are holy and pleasing to Him and avoid thinking about things that are not. But the more I try to refocus myself, the harder and harder it seems to get. Oy! Does anyone have any ideas for how to get out of this quagmire? I can't just stop thinking - thats silly! But how do I keep my self focused on things that I should be thinking about and flee from things I should not? Anyways...

In some sad news, I have been following through blogs a couple of families that have have given birth to or are about to give birth to babies afflicted with T18 syndrome. Its basically a syndrome that is mostly incompatible with life and there are like 2 people alive today that have survived it. Its pretty serious and most babies die before they are born or shortly after birth. However, one family, the Hostetters (its linked - click on their name), had little Tristan and he survived an amazing 56 days and seemed to be doing very well and hanging in there. So much so, that they were preparing for his medical care in the future (therapy, surgery, etc.). However, yesterday, he suddenly went down hill very fast and died. How sad for this sweet family. If you think about it, even though you don't know them (heck, I don't know them!), keep them in your prayers. They are a sweet Christian family that has been through a lot.

I was reading a friend's blog today and came across this very intersting article (its linked - just click on "very interesting article") about an Iranian man who made a movie about how Muslims view Jesus and his life. I previously thought that they thought he was just a good man in history. But apparently I was wrong. You'd think I would know this stuff having lived in a primarily Muslim nation for as long as I did! Anyways, just read it. I think you will find it interesting.

Hope you are doing well! God bless!

No comments: