Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I'm pregnant...

Haha. Not really. But a third grader today told me I was. Love it. I was hugging another student and he yells out, "Don't touch her belly! She has a baby in there!" I thought I was gonna die. And never wear that shirt again! Its one of those with an empire waist line with a sash that goes around and ties in back. The other kids started yelling at him about how rude that was to say that to a lady and I just stood there in shock and horror. And thats how my first day of a four day sub job started today.... it's gonna be a long week!

Anyways, the topic on my mind lately is stillness before the Lord. In the first part of Psalms 37:7, David tells us to, "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him...". Stillness is something I do not do very well at all but need to do. I'm going through a lot of changes in my life, sometimes almost faster than I can handle (hence the reason I need the Lord). I have a hard time settling and calming myself down. What does stillness before the Lord look like? I know its shutting myself up and letting Him speak to my heart. And don't even get me started on waiting patiently...another thing that needs improvement in my life. So yeah. Thats all I have. Just something I've been trying to focus on as of late rather than getting so caught up in myself.

Well, must go to bed. Day 2 of my 4 day job is tomorrow and clearly, I need my rest!

God bless!

2 comments:

glitterprincess said...

Kids. Are a handfull I would of been so sad good thing that patience thing is working out for you.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.